Animal Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (ASTR)
CERTIFICATION IN EQUINE REHABILITATION THERAPY!
Education for Professionals by Professionals
Learn. Anytime. Anywhere
Develop your understanding of equine injury – why does it happen? What are different treatment options? How do clinical medicine and rehab combine?
Discover the intricacies of equine rehabilitation from leading specialists through a fully evidence-based RACE-approved online course!
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- 252 hours of RACE-approved continuing education – a hybrid course with online and onsite modules
- Module One: Online Equine Anatomy Review is a fully online module and examination, with a solid review of the equine musculoskeletal system and terminology, vocabulary, palpation of surface anatomy and muscle location. The module is optional for licensed equine veterinarians.
- Module Two: Evidence Based Equine Rehabilitation Lecture Series with the who’s who in the industry! You’ll participate in 37 fully narrated lectures from leading global equine sports medicine & rehab specialists from the comfort of your home.
- Module Three: Residential Lectures & Wet Labs. This is the 9-day residential module – the longest in the industry- taught by specialists, packed with hands-on experience in small groups.
- Module Four: Case Studies, Internship & Final includes the 24-hour internship, and a final examination for successful completion of the ASTR certification program.
- Interactive online course participant group
- 2 years of CE credits for IEBWA members (www.iebwa.com)
- Anytime access from anywhere in the world!
Want to learn more? Licensed professionals and eligible students can continue studies in the AASS RACE-approved Animal Sports Therapy & Rehabilitation (equine) certification program (a hybrid course model with online and practical learning)!
HOW TO REGISTER
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
CERTIFICATION FOR PROFESSIONALS:
Our flagship program, the Animal Sports Therapy and Rehabilitation (ASTR) certification, is a post-graduate, 302-hour course designed exclusively for licensed professionals*
* Licensed veterinarian, chiropractor, osteopath, physical therapist/assistant, veterinary nurse/technician.
CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR NON-PROFESSIONALS
Graduates* of eligible equine body worker/sports massage certification programs, or graduates of an eligible equine science degree will obtain a Certificate of Completion of the ASTR program, indicating completion of continuing education. It is understood by non-Licensed Professionals who partake in the ASTR program, that completion of the program does not indicate a qualification or use of a title, nor the ability to offer services in the field of animal rehabilitation.
* Participants must be graduates from an equine body worker/sports massage program of at least 300 hours of education, including an in-person practicum of 50 + hours, case study submissions, and a full examination after completion of the practical component of the course OR be graduates from an academic equine science degree (minimum BSc.). In addition, practitioners must show proof of education and current professional indemnity insurance.