HOW TO REGISTER
You can register on this site directly for all USA West Coast onsite courses and all worldwide online courses. External links for non-USA West Coast onsite courses will take you to the appropriate website to continue your registration.
Registering via the Website:
You can click on the course number and scroll down to the bottom of the link to register for the particular USA west coast location and dates. The USA west coast office currently registers all online courses directly no matter where you live. Follow the “register now” link which will take you to the secure shopping cart. Here you can pay with a major credit card or Pay Pal. We do not accept wire transfers due to the processing fee.
Registering via Phone:
Please call the office during business hours 10 am-1 pm Pacific Time: 707.377.4313. You have the option to pay via credit card, Pay Pal or can arrange to send in a check.
Registering via Mail:
You can send your payment (checks, money orders or credit card numbers including the expiration date, CCV and billing zip code) to Equinology, Inc., 610 Noah Ct, Napa, CA 94558. Credit card registrations are also accepted over the phone.
Students are not registered until the non-refundable/non-transferable $300 deposit is received for the course. The $300 deposit is credited towards your course tuition. Courses $300 or less are paid in full at the time of registration. Please take note that all tuition balances are due 30 days prior to the beginning of the USA course. If the instructor is international, then the course balances are due 60 days prior to the start of the course.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS:
To be eligible for our courses, a student must possess these skill sets:
High School English equivalency reading skills*
High School Graduate** or over 18 years of age
Clearly understand the English Language***
* Those who are not high school graduates need to take an “Ability to Benefit” (ATB) test. We now have our own approved alternative ATB exam specific to equine or canine. Please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link, password and state whether this is for a horse or dog course. The exam is at no charge and you have 3 attempts to pass.
** Those who are under 18 years of age need permission from their parents or guardians. If the student is not a high school graduate, they will need to take and document the Ability to Benefit Test as described above with a minimum score demonstrating that they have the ability to benefit from Equinology’s instruction.
*** Equinology Inc. does not offer English as a Second Language instruction. It does not offer English language services of any kind.
If you have any questions, please call!
COURSE POLICIES AND REFUNDS
ONSITE COURSE REFUND PROVISIONS:
The deadline to enroll for onsite courses offered by Equinology, Inc® is four weeks prior to the first day of class. If the instructor is internationally located, the deadline is eight weeks. Tuitions which are $300 and over will require a registration fee of $300 to enroll and these are nonrefundable and nontransferable. This $300 registration fee is credited to the total tuition of the particular course. There is no registration fee for the few courses that cost less than $300. Those courses which are less than $300 will require payment in full upon registration.
Any student that notifies Equinology, Inc. to cancel a course must do so in writing and has the right to registration and obtain a refund of charges paid towards the tuition prior to 30 days of the course commencement less the $300 non-refundable registration fee or 60 days from the course commencement if the instructor is internationally located. Refunds must be requested in writing to Equinology, Inc., attention Mr. Paul Hougard, COO/CFO, at 610 Noah Court, Napa, CA 94558 or the Equinology email at email@example.com.
Confirmation letters as well as the course outline, things to bring, required study before the course (if applicable), directions and lodging will be sent when the deposit has been paid. The balance of the tuition is collected four weeks prior to the start of the course date. Again, if this is an international instructor the tuition is collected eight weeks prior to the start of the course.
Our instructor’s contract policy allows us thirty (30) days cancellation (sixty (60) for international instructors) after which we are locked into our agreement. If you are unable to attend this course you may sell your spot to another individual providing that person has met the course prerequisites. Please notify the office for the data correction.
Our refund policies are stated on the factsheet, confirmation letters and on the website. As a reminder, registration fees which are used as deposits for courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable . In the event that Equinology cancels a course due to low enrollment we will refund your registration fee and any monies paid towards the remainder of the tuition. We will not “roll” the registration fee (deposit) over to another course for you should you not be able to attend.
CANCELLATION OF COURSE BY EQUINOLOGY ®:
If a course should not run due to low enrollment or other circumstances, Equinology will notify the students 28 days prior to the course commencement and return all tuitions collected including the deposit. Although students may wish to make travel arrangement before this time, Equinology cannot be held responsible for travel arrangements made before the 28 days. Equinology also cannot be responsible for student travel expenses should the class need to be canceled due natural disasters, or sociopolitical conflicts or an instructor emergency (death or severe illness or injury of self or immediate family member). In the case of instructor emergency, we will substitute an appropriate instructor if available before canceling the course. We suggest you purchase travel insurance for travel arrangements in case of one of these rare incidents.
- You cannot be confirmed on a class list until the registration fee (deposit) is received and the appropriate documentation has been returned (enrollment form etc)
- You will not remain on the classlist and will forfeit your deposit if you do not pay the balance of your tuition by the designated date. We will attempt to contact you at least three times via email, text and phone.
- Please prepare yourself for the course if precourse study is required
- If a course has required texts, you should purchase these prior to the course
- Please read the list of things to bring
- In accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act: We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin
- If you have any questions, please call us, that’s what we are here for!
- Equinology reserves the right to cancel workshops due to circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to, low enrollment, at which time all fees (including the registration fee/deposit) collected for the purpose of enrollment will be refunded.
- Equinology cannot be responsible for any losses incurred by registrants resulting from canceled or postponed workshops
- Equinology recommends that registrants secure travel insurance
- Registration fees (deposits) are non-refundable and non-transferable; no exceptions
- Tuition is due 30 days prior to course commencement (sixty (60) days for international instructors)
- A $25 fee is charged for any returned checks
- Any students without outstanding accounts are not allowed to register for any Equinology or Caninology course worldwide until their debt has been addressed and paid.
DISTANCE EDUCATION REFUND PROVISIONS:
For distance educational courses where the instruction is not offered in real-time, Equinology must transmit the first lesson and any materials to any student within seven days after Equinology accepts the student for admission. The student has the right to cancel the agreement and receive a full refund before the first lesson and materials are received. Cancellation is effective on the date written notice of cancellation is sent (see above contact information). If Equinology has sent the first lesson then the student is not eligible for a refund; Equinology shall not be obligated to pay any refund after the lessons and material are transmitted.