EQ1110: Equine Myofascial Release Techniques Level II
Register now for courses offered on the West Coast, USA.
For full list of dates and locations, view the Calendar below.
Please note: If you are taking the course for personalize interest, you can sign up for the tuition fee without the externship. We cannot add it in later.
Author and instructor Ruth Mitchell-Golladay, PT leads this three-day course. All of us in the industry recognize Ruth as the “queen” of MFR! She has been featured many times in print, she is invited by physical therapy groups as well as veterinary groups to present workshops and she has been an invited guest on several talk shows.
This course is designed for those individuals who have participated in the EQ1100 Equine Myofascial release course. Ruth will expand on the MFR techniques and will present exercises to address the body’s dysfunction enabling better recovery. There will be loads of problem-solving with various labs and lots of discussions. Each participant is asked to share one case study using Equine Myofascial Release Techniques (this is not required if you are doing the two MFR classes back to back). Documentation including initial exam, sessions completed and the outcome will be needed. Any visuals are welcome; please check with the office at least 3 weeks in advance if you require equipment which we may have on hand for your presentation. Ruth will direct the class discussion over each case study.
For this course your instructor Ruth Mitchell Golladay states that the course is very different from the Equine MFR I course. In the MFR I course where the emphasis is placed on the use of the right brain for listening to the body and using intuition, in the MFR II course students will be using the left brain to investigate the possible causes of certain restrictions. Additionally, the course will cover specific rehabilitation situations.
In an effort to enhance the seminar students are requested to bring the following to class (again not required if you are doing the 2 MFR classes back to back):
- A list of common or consistent problems/restrictions you have encountered while performing MFR in the pelvis/hind end
- A list of common or consistent problems/restrictions you have encountered while performing MFR in the neck/shoulder/front end
- A list of rehabilitation challenges you have faced
- Myofascial/Osseous and related structures review
- The body’s response and adaptation to injury and dysfunction
- Presentation and discussion of existing case studies
- Myofascial Release Techniques
- Advanced MFR techniques
- Advanced Myofascial Stretching
- Additional Therapeutic Exercise Targeted for Specific Injury
- Exercise for Strength Training
Course Duration: Students attend class daily for three days from 8am to 5pm.
Text and Materials Required: Facilitated Healing Through Myofascial Release: Putting the Pieces Together for Horse and Rider: by Ruth Mitchell-Golladay $60 (available onsite at course on the first day of class if you do not already have it).
Course Handouts: Free
Participation in the EQ1100 Equine Myofascial Release Level One course. Please Note! Externships do not have to be completed from the level one course, but the student should be comfortable with the material covered in the EQ1100 course. This course is specifically formatted to take back to back.
HOW TO REGISTER
You can register on this site directly for all USA West Coast onsite courses and all worldwide online courses. External links for non-USA West Coast onsite courses will take you to the appropriate website to continue your registration.
Registering via the Website:
You can click on the course number and scroll down to the bottom of the link to register for the particular USA west coast location and dates. The USA west coast office currently registers all online courses directly no matter where you live. Follow the “register now” link which will take you to the secure shopping cart. Here you can pay with a major credit card or Pay Pal. We do not accept wire transfers due to the processing fee.
Registering via Phone:
Please call the office during business hours 10 am-1 pm Pacific Time: 707.377.4313. You have the option to pay via credit card, Pay Pal or can arrange to send in a check.
Registering via Mail:
You can send your payment (checks, money orders or credit card numbers including the expiration date, CCV and billing zip code) to Equinology, Inc., 610 Noah Ct, Napa, CA 94558. Credit card registrations are also accepted over the phone.
Students are not registered until the non-refundable/non-transferable $300 deposit is received for the course. The $300 deposit is credited towards your course tuition. Courses $300 or less are paid in full at the time of registration. Please take note that all tuition balances are due 30 days prior to the beginning of the USA course. If the instructor is international, then the course balances are due 60 days prior to the start of the course.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL STUDENTS:
To be eligible for our courses, a student must possess these skill sets:
High School English equivalency reading skills*
High School Graduate** or over 18 years of age
Clearly understand the English Language***
* Those who are not high school graduates need to take an “Ability to Benefit” (ATB) test. We now have our own approved alternative ATB exam specific to equine or canine. Please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link, password and state whether this is for a horse or dog course. The exam is at no charge and you have 3 attempts to pass.
** Those who are under 18 years of age need permission from their parents or guardians. If the student is not a high school graduate, they will need to take and document the Ability to Benefit Test as described above with a minimum score demonstrating that they have the ability to benefit from Equinology’s instruction.
*** Equinology Inc. does not offer English as a Second Language instruction. It does not offer English language services of any kind.
If you have any questions, please call!
COURSE POLICIES AND REFUNDS
ONSITE COURSE REFUND PROVISIONS:
The deadline to enroll for onsite courses offered by Equinology, Inc® is four weeks prior to the first day of class. If the instructor is internationally located, the deadline is eight weeks. Tuitions which are $300 and over will require a registration fee of $300 to enroll and these are nonrefundable and nontransferable. This $300 registration fee is credited to the total tuition of the particular course. There is no registration fee for the few courses that cost less than $300. Those courses which are less than $300 will require payment in full upon registration.
Any student that notifies Equinology, Inc. to cancel a course must do so in writing and has the right to registration and obtain a refund of charges paid towards the tuition prior to 30 days of the course commencement less the $300 non-refundable registration fee or 60 days from the course commencement if the instructor is internationally located. Refunds must be requested in writing to Equinology, Inc., attention Mr. Paul Hougard, COO/CFO, at 610 Noah Court, Napa, CA 94558 or the Equinology email at email@example.com.
Confirmation letters as well as the course outline, things to bring, required study before the course (if applicable), directions and lodging will be sent when the deposit has been paid. The balance of the tuition is collected four weeks prior to the start of the course date. Again, if this is an international instructor the tuition is collected eight weeks prior to the start of the course.
Our instructor’s contract policy allows us thirty (30) days cancellation (sixty (60) for international instructors) after which we are locked into our agreement. If you are unable to attend this course you may sell your spot to another individual providing that person has met the course prerequisites. Please notify the office for the data correction.
Our refund policies are stated on the factsheet, confirmation letters and on the website. As a reminder, registration fees which are used as deposits for courses are nonrefundable and nontransferable . In the event that Equinology cancels a course due to low enrollment we will refund your registration fee and any monies paid towards the remainder of the tuition. We will not “roll” the registration fee (deposit) over to another course for you should you not be able to attend.
CANCELLATION OF COURSE BY EQUINOLOGY ®:
If a course should not run due to low enrollment or other circumstances, Equinology will notify the students 28 days prior to the course commencement and return all tuitions collected including the deposit. Although students may wish to make travel arrangement before this time, Equinology cannot be held responsible for travel arrangements made before the 28 days. Equinology also cannot be responsible for student travel expenses should the class need to be canceled due natural disasters, or sociopolitical conflicts or an instructor emergency (death or severe illness or injury of self or immediate family member). In the case of instructor emergency, we will substitute an appropriate instructor if available before canceling the course. We suggest you purchase travel insurance for travel arrangements in case of one of these rare incidents.
- You cannot be confirmed on a class list until the registration fee (deposit) is received and the appropriate documentation has been returned (enrollment form etc)
- You will not remain on the classlist and will forfeit your deposit if you do not pay the balance of your tuition by the designated date. We will attempt to contact you at least three times via email, text and phone.
- Please prepare yourself for the course if precourse study is required
- If a course has required texts, you should purchase these prior to the course
- Please read the list of things to bring
- In accordance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act: We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin
- If you have any questions, please call us, that’s what we are here for!
- Equinology reserves the right to cancel workshops due to circumstances beyond our control, including but not limited to, low enrollment, at which time all fees (including the registration fee/deposit) collected for the purpose of enrollment will be refunded.
- Equinology cannot be responsible for any losses incurred by registrants resulting from canceled or postponed workshops
- Equinology recommends that registrants secure travel insurance
- Registration fees (deposits) are non-refundable and non-transferable; no exceptions
- Tuition is due 30 days prior to course commencement (sixty (60) days for international instructors)
- A $25 fee is charged for any returned checks
- Any students with outstanding accounts are not allowed to register for any Equinology or Caninology course worldwide until their debt has been addressed and paid.
DISTANCE EDUCATION REFUND PROVISIONS:
For distance educational courses where the instruction is not offered in real-time, Equinology must transmit the first lesson and any materials to any student within seven days after Equinology accepts the student for admission. The student has the right to cancel the agreement and receive a full refund before the first lesson and materials are received. Cancellation is effective on the date written notice of cancellation is sent (see above contact information). If Equinology has sent the first lesson then the student is not eligible for a refund; Equinology shall not be obligated to pay any refund after the lessons and material are transmitted.